A top-rated law firm is seeking an attorney with 3+ years of experience to join their labor and employment practice. Successful candidates will work on a wide range of issues and across broad legal functions in a dynamic labor and employment practice that includes litigation, compliance, conducting due diligence on deals/transactions, and client counseling for public and private employers.
Candidates must have prior firm or government agency experience in either a labor and employment practice or in a litigation-based practice with some employment litigation experience. Candidates must have effective research skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, a team-oriented mentality, and be a motivated self-starter. We prefer candidates to be resident in Indianapolis, but an alternative location may be considered for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will
- Have opportunities for advancement, including partnership track (if desired), in a collegial environment
- Receive training opportunities with partners and other colleagues, allowing for increasing levels of responsibility as experience warrants
- Collaborate across practice groups and across offices
- Engage in client and business development activities
- Have prior firm or government agency experience with labor and employment or litigation matters.
- Excel in a team environment.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in developing and implementing relationship building skills both internally and externally.
- Have experiences that prepare them to work with attorneys, staff and clients from cultures and backgrounds different from their own.
- Be highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Possess strong business discernment.
- Be flexible and able to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Have excellent written and oral communication, as well as analytical skills.
- Have excellent law school credentials and references.
- Understand clients’ goals and work toward achieving those goals within the practice.
Their attorneys enjoy:
- Competitive salaries and bonus opportunities
- One-on-one career coaching and outstanding professional development opportunities and support
- Quality benefit programs, including an annual stipend to support attorneys’ interests and hobbies outside the workplace
- Workplace flexibility and remote work opportunity