Senior System Engineer - Los Angeles, CA
A major international law firm seeks a Senior System Engineer for its Los Angeles office. The Senior System Engineer will support the firm in all areas related to Microsoft server infrastructure. Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with Active Directory, its principals, best practices, and implementation.
- Design, install and configure Microsoft Windows 2019 servers and newer server platforms.
- Strong hands-on experience in Network Printing and integration with third-party solutions such as Equitrac and eCopy.
- Hands-on experience with HP MFPs, and Canon copiers.
- Strong working knowledge in XenApp and Citrix infrastructure, implementation, and support.
- Minimally three years of Citrix environment administration, inclusive of NetScaler, SSL certificates, Web Interface, StoreFront, and Active Directory Group Policy Objects, and Internet security.
- Hands-on experience with DHCP, DNS, and other network services.
- Experience with Zscaler Internet Security.
- Hands-on with Office 365 / Azure AD and DNS Administration.
- Strong working knowledge of LANs, VLANs, troubleshooting, and complete understanding of TCP/IP, POP, SMTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, SSL, and WMI
- Strong in Power Shell scripting
- Experience in implementing and supporting VMware ESX 7, inclusive of hosts and vm guess servers.
- Hands-on experience in network/ server security including, Two Factor Authentication, ADFS, RSA infrastructure, and SSL certificates implementation and management.
- Most have a strong knowledge of PowerShell scripting.
- Hands-on experience in hardware/software repairs and troubleshooting, mainly with HP, IBM servers, and APC.
- Experience with anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-spam applications/implementation/support.
- Thorough understanding of email solutions with an emphasis on Microsoft Exchange.
- Strong working knowledge in storage solutions with importance in NetApp technologies and CDOT 9.x.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills capable of providing clear and concise technical issue/resolution documentation to audiences of different technical levels.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of deployed production solutions in a Solution Design Document format.
- Network faxing solutions such as RightFax.
- Has experience in working in ISO-27001 environments.
- Keep abreast of technology trends in all aspects of Microsoft servers, VMware technologies, and other IT Operations technology.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in the areas mentioned above and must have the ability to diagnose quickly, promptly apply fixes, communicate the fix, and document the change in a Change Control system.
- Systems include Microsoft AD, RSA, printing environments, VMware, and Citrix.
- The Senior Systems Engineer reports to the IS Operations Manager.
- This person will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment introducing leading-edge technologies to maintain and grow a global infrastructure based on Microsoft and Intel technologies.
- This position is in the Los Angeles downtown facility.
- It will have close interactions with other IS departments, such as Business Intelligence, Support Center, and Local IS Teams.
- This position is a senior-level technical role in IS with responsibilities in systems infrastructure, servers, storage, and operating systems.
- Lead the coordination of system troubleshooting activities for law firm related to the Microsoft server infrastructure and IS security policies.
- Work with the Support Center and other IS departments to identify and develop solutions to issues through configuration or procedural changes. Provide accurate root-cause analysis, identify solutions, and provide accurate impact analysis.
- Develop and document processes and procedures to reduce the number of reoccurring system issues.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in customer support and the ability to secure customer cooperation under pressure conditions.
- Adhere to all law firm policies and processes. Demonstrate a commitment to servicing customers.
- Coordinate project activities so that all resources are deployed most effectively to meet internal and external clients’ needs.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Lead and assist in the development of POCs and projects.
- Support other none IS projects and initiatives as needed.
- Ensure the department maintains technical skills in the Microsoft server technology area.
- Provide supporting documentation, reports, and other information to management.
- Participate in a week-long after-hours support escalation coverage rotation.
- Design, document, and Participate in Business Continuity Testing
- Must be process-oriented with a strong background in application and system-level troubleshooting.
- Strong PowerShell scripting
- The ability to reduce overwhelming amounts of information into a few salient issues to focus on what is essential.
- Must be highly driven with the ability to rapidly prioritize critical tasks.
- Must be a self-starter with the initiative to follow through on programs/projects and work with all levels of users, and coordinate efforts both inside and outside of the IS group.
- Robust Project Management skill is highly desired.
- Must place great value on continuous learning and building knowledge of emerging IS technologies.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Although limited, the candidate must have the ability to travel.
- Flexibility relative to scheduling is required.
Expert level skills needed:
- Networking principles, design, and configuration of Microsoft servers
- Microsoft Active Directory, DNS and DFS, DHCP, and other network services, as well as GPOs
- CITRIX server architecture, configuration, monitoring, and management
- Network printing, HP UPD, third-party integration with Equitrac Enterprise, and eCopy ShareScan.
- VMware ESX technology
- Hands-on experience with IBM Blade Center technology, HP servers, Cisco UCS, and APC Uninterruptable Power Systems,
- Power Shell scripting
- Complete knowledge of TCP/IP and SNMP, and WMI
- Excellent understanding of storage array technologies and recovery/business continuance practices
- RSA SecurID technologies
- Understanding of MPLS and AVTS WAN technologies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline is highly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Microsoft System with certifications is preferred; MSCE is preferred.
- Minimally three years’ experience with XenApp and Citrix infrastructure, implementation, and support, Citrix environment administration, inclusive of NetScaler, SSL certificates, Web Interface, StoreFront, and Active Directory Group Policy Objects, and Internet security.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com