Corporate Legal Secretary - Redwood Shores, CA
Top-rated Law Firm has an opening for a Corporate Attorney Support Assistant (Legal Secretary) in its Redwood Shores office. Candidate must have 3+ years’ experience working in an administrative capacity (professional services or law firm background preferred). Duties include providing administrative support to attorneys including typing, editing and proofing of documents, calendaring, time entry, travel arrangements, expense reimbursement, creating and maintaining files, and working on closing binders and minute books.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Provide attorneys with administrative support such as, but not limited to, email, calendar and contact management; event and meeting planning; travel planning – create detailed itineraries; enter/submit attorney time (DTE); open new client matters; oversee and finalize billing; handle administrative requests and/or projects as assigned.
- Draft, edit, convert and print documents, presentations and spreadsheets; spellcheck and proofread work product.
- Interact with clients, attorneys and internal staff in a professional and courteous manner; welcome clients who visit the firm.
- Maintain organized desk; create/maintain effective filing systems; forward/retrieve files to Records Department; maintain contact sheets/desk profiles.
- Handle high volume of phone calls, while demonstrating professional phone etiquette; ensure messages are delivered promptly, accurately and according to attorney preference.
- Work with team attorney support assistants and share responsibilities for supporting team attorneys, coordinate coverage with team attorney support assistants when absent or away from workstation.
- Prioritize work, complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Work overtime as requested.
- Any other responsibilities that may be added or adjusted at management’s discretion.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and self-motivated
- Show proficiency in all basic, advanced and legal specific Word and Windows as well as PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat programs
- Demonstrates desire and ability to learn new technology and willingness to share knowledge to assist others
- Proficient in document formatting; spell checks and has the ability to accurately proofread all materials/documents
- Strong initiative: ability to exercise sound judgment, work independently and make decisions on behalf of attorneys
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong administrative and organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills: have the ability to work with different personalities in high-pressure situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritize workload and work well under pressure
- Working knowledge of DTE, Desksite, and ChromeRiver preferred
- Minimum typing 60 wpm
To Apply: Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School Diploma/GED required
- College degree preferred