Desktop Engineer- Washington, D.C.
Desktop Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the user computing environment. As part of the desktop engineering team, this engineer is responsible for building, delivery, and maintenance of stable, high performing, and secure desktop images that provide excellent user experiences. This engineer also is responsible for the support of all Firm’s desktop applications, integrations, and the efficient delivery and updates of these applications. This position will report to the Director of Enterprise Applications.
• Continuously improves user desktop experiences through OS and application optimizations, automation, and streamlined processes.
• Evaluates, deploys, and supports all Firm desktop applications.
• Develops seamless integrations among desktop applications.
• Performs routine software updates to enhance functionalities and security.
• Troubleshoots and resolves escalated desktop application and OS issues.
• Builds hardware agnostic image for desktop and laptop computers.
• Creates custom group policies and PowerShell scripts for workstations.
• Manages application package creations, and deliveries through SCCM.
• Maintains workstation security using various technologies such as endpoint protection software, data encryptions, application whitelisting, and others.
• Evaluates and recommends desktop, laptop hardware and peripherals.
• Performs desktop rollouts and data migrations using OSD task sequences and USMT.
• Creates documentation on system designs, procedures, and processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related disciplines. Equivalent experience will be considered.
• Minimum of seven years of experience in desktop engineering, application support, and supporting operating systems in a Microsoft Windows enterprise environment.
• Minimum of five years of experience in customer support experience supporting a diverse customer base including C-level executives.
• Microsoft certifications highly preferred.
• Expert knowledge in customizing Windows 7, Windows 10, and image creation.
• In-depth knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, and PowerShell.
• Advanced knowledge with user profile, folder redirection, and Windows registry.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office application customizations, and add-ins.
• Experience with SCCM, packaging and application deployment in multiple offices.
• In-depth knowledge working with browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox) customizations, security settings, policies, and plug-in.
• Experience in legal specific applications a plus – FileSite, Workshare, Payne Form Assistant, Numbering, IntApp, IPro, Litigation Support Software, and others.
• Working experience in large scale deployment using technologies including, SCCM task sequences, OSD, USMT, MDT, WDS, App-V and others.
• Extensive knowledge in information security including, Sophos/CM endpoint protections, Bitlocker, MBAM, Bit9, Zscaler, Windows security policies, digital certificates, file permission, AD security or other similar products.
• Familiarity with VMWare, virtual machines, and Citrix XenApp, and XenDesktop.
• Knowledge of general application architectures and SQL a plus.
• Solid understanding of networking concepts including, TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, VPN, load balancing, DHCP, VPN, and PXI Boot.
• Proven strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong customer service skills and customer driven minded.
• Detail oriented and have sense of urgency.
• Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work effectively, and independently with minimal supervision.
• Innovative and creative thinker.
• Ability to communicate clearly, and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Possess strong sense of achievement and willingness to contribute to a dynamic team environment.
• Ability to work after-hours or weekends as needed.
• Ability to effectively present information, and work with users at all levels in the Firm.
• Ability to work additional hours as needed.
To Apply: Please email your resume for immediate consideration to : email@example.com
Chelsea Search Group
3050 Rue D'Orleans #317
San Diego, CA 92110