Litigation Paralegal - Raleigh, NC (Mainly Remote)
- Organize, index and oversee maintenance of all file documents.
- Initiate and maintain docketing within Firm’s CompuLaw system and monitor trial calendars.
- Implement case management tools necessary to manage the case (Introspect, Summation, Case Map, Time Map etc.)
- Bluebook, cite check, and Shepardize briefs.
- Conduct legal (or other) research as requested, including Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, and Pacer.
- Draft pleadings and discovery documents.
- Assist in all aspects of deposition preparation.
- Participate in all aspects of trial preparation, including coordinating logistics.
- Attend trials and hearings.
- Summarize testimony, objections, arguments, and charges; maintain trial exhibit log.
- Manage document production process including perform document production reviews, preparing outlines and exhibits; creating privilege logs and electronic discovery logs.
- Assist in preparation of pre-trial order and update interim status reports to clients.
- Manage litigation support resources assigned to the matter.
- Proofread documents with a high level of accuracy.
- Four year degree or equivalent work experience; Paralegal certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a professional environment which includes progressive responsibility in managing litigation matters, as well as Federal Court Litigation experience.
- High level of proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office Suite applications, Adobe Acrobat, Litigation Support Applications (e.g. Introspect, Summation, Concordance, Live Note, Case Map), Pacer, Electronic Filing, Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw (and Dialog) and other internet research tools.
- Experience and knowledge to bluebook, cite check, and Shepardize briefs.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Respectful, reliable and dependable team player.
- Must be proactive and a good planner who is very detail-oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative to move projects to conclusion.
- Display a strong client service orientation with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
- Minimal travel required, less than 10%.
This is a full-time, regular position with generous benefits.
To Apply: Please email your resume to: email@example.com