Business Litigation Paralegal - New York City, NY
A top-rated law firm has a position available in their New York office for a full-time Paralegal (Business Litigation Practice Area). Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies; or a Bachelor’s degree and a paralegal certificate; or an Associate’s degree, paralegal certificate and at least two years legal experience. Substantial equivalent experience in a Business Litigation practice area will be considered in lieu of educational requirements. The person selected for this position must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position is eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule beginning January 2022.
- Assists case team(s) throughout all phases of litigation including preparation and trial.
- Reviews and drafts discovery requests and responses, subpoenas, notices and other court pleadings and documents, including summarizing transcripts and medical records.
- Conducts document reviews and prepares document productions.
- Identifies, collects and organizes factual evidence, including deposition and witness outlines, and deposition and trial exhibits.
- Cite-checks and blue-books briefs and prepares exhibits for same.
- Creates organizational systems for case documents.
- Completes electronic filings with various entities.
- Participates in the creation of databases, performs data entry, conducts database searches and generates reports.
- Assumes responsibility for operation of trial support technology.
- Assists other practice areas, as needed.
- Must track all billable hours.
- Participation in the Firm’s Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Program is required. A minimum of six (6) hours of CLE credits are required annually. CLE may be provided by the Firm, through outside educational sources, or a combination thereof.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must have ability to read, write and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
- Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and have strong time management skills.
- Must be client service oriented.
- Must have the ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Must be experienced and proficient with New York Electronic Court Filing system.
- Must be experienced and proficient with E-Discovery tools, including Relativity.
- Must be experienced and proficient with electronic evidence and testimony presentation tools.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order for him or her to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. These include being both mobile and stationary throughout the work day, and having the ability to transport twenty-five (25) pounds and being able to operate a computer and other business equipment found in the office.
To Apply: Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org