Legal Assistant (Secretarial/Administrative Role) - Century City, CA
Provides high-level administrative support to attorneys performing a variety of administrative, clerical and skilled tasks.
Primary Job Functions:
- Handle all aspects of word processing, including formatting, drafting, editing and proofreading of documents, letters and correspondence.
- Provide administrative support for attorneys, such as answering phones, scheduling meetings and scanning and copying documents.
- Liaison between attorneys and other support staff departments.
- Responsible for maintaining and scheduling attorney’s calendars.
- Responsible for entering attorneys time on a daily basis into billing system.
- Schedule, attend and take notes during client meetings and calls.
- Help keep attorneys’ organized and aware of upcoming meetings, appointment and events.
- Handle assigned files and deliver legal services under attorney supervision.
- Assist attorneys in effective and efficient record keeping of client and firm files.
- Assist with overflow work and help to cover when other assistants are out of the office.
- Other administrative duties and tasks as assigned.
Specific Skills, Knowledge And Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of internal staff, attorneys and management and external clients of the firm.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to plan and manage work under time constraints and high-pressure situations.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proficient with MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Aderant (billing) and Chrome (expenses) are a plus.
To Apply: please email your resume to: email@example.com