Trademark Paralegal (Mid-Senior Level)
Remote until January 4th –(but it’s flexible) Can be in office now if fully vaccinated.
Full Time – Salary is $75k to $85k - New York, NY, US
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Mid-to-Senior Trademark Paralegal will be working with a coterie of clients in diverse industries on both U.S. and foreign trademark matters involving prosecution, counseling, and adversarial matters.
Primary duties will include:
4-7+ years of experience as a Trademark Paralegal in a law firm or corporate setting;
Bachelor's degree and/or Paralegal certificate is preferred;
Experience with the USPTO search and trademark filing systems, and WIPO databases;
Experience with procedures and practices regarding application and registration of U.S. and foreign trademarks, with experience in more than one industry preferred;
Proficiency with computerized trademark docket databases, CPI experience preferred;
Familiarity with trademark filings under the Madrid protocol;
Excellent organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills;
Ability to communicate with clients effectively and professionally;
Exceptional drafting, proofreading and communication skills; and
Advanced knowledge of electronic legal research tools.
- coordinating and managing U.S. and foreign trademark filings/portfolios
- preparation of non-substantive Office action responses and related correspondence for attorney review;
- communication with foreign counsel and clients;
- preparing and filing trademark applications and issuing foreign filing instructions;
- managing U.S. and foreign trademark dockets using the CPI docketing database;
- assisting attorneys with TTAB filings and docketing TTAB proceedings; and
- assisting with other non-prosecution trademark projects from time to time.
- This position will involve a significant amount of direct client contact.
- This position will have exposure to lawyers and staff in other groups within the firm.
Please email your resume to: