Litigation Practice Team Assistant - Washington, D.C.
A top-rated law firm is seeking a Practice Team Assistant to join their Washington, D.C.'s Litigation Department. The PTA is primarily responsible for providing administrative support for various administrative projects and duties in support of the timekeepers and secretaries in the assigned practice group(s).
- Open and organize all interoffice mail for team members.
- Answer timekeeper phones as necessary (will ring on assigned legal secretary desk, but calls may be auto-forwarded to assistant when legal secretary is out).
- Assist with lunch orders, car service and other scheduling tasks as needed.
- Greet visitors; escort them to appropriate meeting rooms and provide them with amenities as needed.
- Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence for signature, arranging conference calls, setting up web meetings, retrieving corporate documents and updating contact databases.
- Review all documents prepared for accuracy, completeness, grammar, and syntax.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion; perform to earn supervisors’ full confidence and trust in all interactions.
- As requested by Practice Group Mentor, schedule, coordinate and confirm meeting space and relevant attendees for team members’ meetings.
- As requested, coordinate travel arrangements.
- Prepare and process Expense Reports, Check Requests, Travel Reimbursements, Health Club Reimbursement Forms, etc. in accordance with accounting guidelines.
- Track relevant travel and expense receipts for accurate accounting reconciliations. File and track reimbursements, credits and refunds through to completion.
- Prepare documents to support team members with overflow work which may include revisions, edits, and proofreading the end product.
- Assist with internal procedures for the preparation of audit letter responses when needed and where applicable.
- Enter Daily Time Entry on a daily basis. As requested, maintain file copies of released time.
- Create and maintain files, including chronological files and indexes not stored in Records Department.
- Complete e-Records filing, as requested.
- Under the direction of the Practice Group Mentor, keep all files up-to-date and organized. Ensure materials are forwarded to the Records Dept. as necessary.
- Complete all document processing and correspondence assignments accurately and within timekeepers’ stated timeframes.
- Prepare and arrange Messenger Service, Copy Center and facsimile requests as needed.
- Copy documents that are not appropriate to send to the Copy Center.
- Scan documents into PDF format. Scanning jobs of 200 pages or more should be sent to Document Processing.
- Responsible for printing large PDF documents and emails.
- Consistently use the CRM tool to support business development in the firm, including taking ownership of contact information for attorney’s contacts and updating, maintaining and resolving conflicts within the CRM tool.
- Coordinate and assist with other special projects as required.
- Assist other team members and timekeepers with various administrative tasks.
- All other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- After orientation and training at law firm, exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, FileSurf, CRM and other firm applications.
- Availability to work overtime, as required.
- Previous office experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous law firm or professional services industry experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Strong administrative and secretarial skills;
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- Excellent verbal (both listening and speaking) and written communication skills;
- Professional demeanor;
- Ability to handle a complex and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently;
- Ability to use initiative, diplomacy and tact;
- Good-natured and pleasant to work with good sense of humor;
- Ability to function well as a team member.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org