Research Specialist (Law Librarian) – Los Angeles, CA
The Research Specialist position provides non-legal research services for the Firm’s attorneys, paralegals, staff, and clients.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Works as part of the Research Services team to perform non-legal research in a wide range of subject areas including corporate and financial transactions, intellectual property, and litigation in support of the Firm’s attorneys, paralegals, administrative staff, and clients.
- Performs complex research assignments requiring the utilization of specialized databases, legal and business information sources, web-based sites and print resources.
- Uses critical thinking to analyze each request and identify the best research resources for efficient and cost-effective resolution.
- Presents research results in a clear and logical manner, including analysis of the results and suggestions for further research.
- Maintains a superior level of expertise performing research using tools such as Westlaw and Lexis+, as well as specialized tools such as CapitalIQ, Intelligize, FactSet, Deal Point Data, Debtwire, ProQuest, Docket Navigator, Saegis, Wolters Kluwer Cheetah, etc.
- Maintains specialized knowledge relating to patent research, IP ownership searching, corporate and financial transactions research.
- Requires ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Participates in the regular review and evaluation of new and existing electronic resources with the goal of improved service and research efficiencies.
- Participates in the ongoing development and maintenance of the Library’s intranet and research guides.
- Other administrative projects, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, proactive person with a Master’s degree in library science, business, law, or the humanities. Candidate should have 3+ years of working research experience in a large law firm or corporate library and be knowledgeable about business, corporate transactional, intellectual property, and legal research resources. Strong customer service orientation, ability to work independently as well as part of a firm-wide research team and capable of handling multiple tasks and setting priorities is essential. The Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels.
To Apply: Please email your resume for immediate consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org