Trademark Paralegal - New York, NY
Top-notch law firm currently has an opening in NYC for a Trademark Paralegal. As a Trademark Paralegal and under the direct supervision of attorneys, you will support the delivery of quality legal services by performing tasks that require accuracy, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, strong written and interpersonal skills and computer proficiency.
- Prepare, file, prosecute and monitor all US trademarks and trademark applications worldwide.
- You will have extensive correspondence with foreign associates.
- You will review and manage watch notices and watch notice subscriptions.
- Conduct searches of US Patent and Trademark Office and Saegis searching system software.
- You will report to clients regarding deadlines, renewals and maintenance.
- Prepare, file and prosecute copyright applications.
- Assist with filing and service of TTAB actions, including oppositions, cancellations and appeals.
- Prepare and file assignment and security interest recordations.
- A strong understanding of docketing procedures and you will be responsible for administering daily docketing clearing, and reviewing trademark mail.
- Monitor and track all due dates daily, distribute mail to the responsible attorney for actions, conduct or assist in conducting legal research.
- Find relevant cases, law review articles and statutes, and prepare memoranda analyzing research results.
- Continuing legal education due to changes to U.S. and foreign trademark procedures.