Bankruptcy Associate (3-4 years experience) - New York City, NY
Top-rated Law Firm is looking for an associate attorney to join their Finance and Bankruptcy practice group in their New York office. This is a unique opportunity to gain expertise working in multiple US and cross-border bankruptcy cases. The successful candidate will have at least three to four years of experience representing debtors, creditor’s committees and opportunistic note holders, and have significant experience in the following areas:
- Representing mid-market debtors, and official and ad hoc creditor’s committees;
- Drafting bankruptcy petitions, first day pleadings, bankruptcy motion practice, disclosure statements and plans;
- Bankruptcy-related litigation including prosecuting and defending preference and fraudulent conveyance actions;
- Representing DIP lenders and borrowers;
- Representing sellers, stalking horse bidders and competing bidders in section 363 sales;
- Prosecuting and defending breach of fiduciary duty claims against insolvent companies; and
- Providing advice to clients preparing to file Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
The candidate should also possess impressive academic credentials; the ability to simultaneously and efficiently handle multiple projects; very strong interpersonal, analytical, oral communication and writing skills; and an understanding of business accounting issues. Clerkship experience with a bankruptcy judge is a plus.
To Apply: Please email your resume, transcripts and a writing sample to: email@example.com