Legal Billing Manager - New York City, NY
Top-rated law firm is recruiting for a Billing Manager to be based in their New York office. The Billing Manager is responsible for overseeing the billing and collection functions in their assigned region. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Billing & Client Service and has a high level of interaction with Partners. Will manage and mentor all Billing Coordinators who support their region, as well as ensuring teamwork and collaboration between these related Finance functions.Ensure deployment of appropriate Finance support.and handle complex and/or escalated billing and collection issues..Generally enforce all Firm Financial and Intake policies through a constructive but collaborative review and approval process.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's degree a plus.
- 7+ years of law firm and/or professional service firm experience.
- 5+ years of customer service and/or other equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of billing experience.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with various software programs utilized by law firms for paper billing, e-billing and collections.
- Possess strong written communication skills. Be articulate on the telephone and in person.
- Demonstrate proficiency in managing direct reports and process improvement.
- Must use good judgment and be courteous and tactful in communication with others, even when under pressure or in response to dissent.
- Ability to use self-assured reason and constructive conversation to obtain a desired outcome.
- Demonstrate good listening skills and the ability to work well with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
- Must be team player and willing to offer assistance to others when and where needed.
- Travel required.
To Apply: Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org