Civil Litigation Bilingual Spanish Legal Assistant - Manhattan Beach, CA
Manhattan Beach employment law firm seeks an experienced legal assistant fluent in Spanish. Candidates must have civil litigation experience and have a solid understanding of the litigation process. Familiarity with class action litigation, ProLaw, Westlaw, Acrobat Pro DC, and Drafting Assistant a plus. Strong written and verbal skills are required.
- File and serve legal documents with courts (state, federal, and appellate).
- Assist with drafting complaints, discovery, motions, and court notices.
- Independently prepare exhibits for hearings and trials (highlight, redact, cite).
- Independently prepare routine legal documents, such as:
- stipulations - hearing notices - subpoenas - proofs of service
- notices of acknowledgement of receipt - deposition notices
- objections to deposition notices
- Translate at client meetings to assist with preparation for depositions, mediation's and trial.
- Organize and maintain electronic case files and documents.
- Utilize advanced MS Outlook features to maintain and track email and shared task lists.
- Proficiency in MSWord, Outlook, and Excel.
- Analyze and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Punctual, organized, professional, self-motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English and Spanish.
Applicants must have excellent references and clear a background investigation including employment, criminal and education checks.This position is full-time, non-exempt, with a very generous benefits package (health, vision, dental, long term disability, matching 401(k), holiday and vacation pay). The rate of pay is negotiable dependent on experience.
To Apply: Please email your resume for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chelsea Search Group
3050 Rue D'Orleans #317
San Diego, CA 92110