SharePoint Admin/Programmer - New York City, NY
Top-notch Law Firm is seeking a highly motivated SharePoint Admin/Programmer to join their Web Development team. Responsibilities include; planning, designing, installing, configuring and maintaining the Enterprise-wide Microsoft SharePoint Server environment; day-to-day administration and support for SharePoint-based team sites, Intranet and Extranet sites. - This position is to be the Subject Matter Expert
(SME) for the SharePoint infrastructure and will train other team members as necessary in SharePoint services, administration, and maintenance. This person will work closely with the network ops, security and enterprise messaging teams to develop a strategy for optimal use and integration of SharePoint and other collaborative tools within the firm. Primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead SharePoint infrastructure implementation and maintenance; collaborate with SharePoint design and development teams.
- Install, configure and/or maintain SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 platforms on across multiple server farms spanning the Internal (Intranet) zone and External (Extranet)zones.
- Install, maintain and support various systems with an emphasis on the membership Extranet and related components (i.e. SharePoint Portal, SQL server, F5 load balancers, e-mail/SMTP, system backups, IIS, Active Directory, DNS, VMWare, etc.).
- Maintain all farm administration functions across these farms through Central Administration and PowerShell scripting
- Assist and train in-house resource in SharePoint Administration including work instructions and best practices documentation.
- Ongoing SharePoint Operations and manage Farm Topology
- Develop and implement custom SharePoint web parts.
- Work with other SharePoint and .NET developers to troubleshoot and debug new and existing third-party and custom web parts and other in-house custom SharePoint solutions.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint BDC and Search.
- Working understanding of developing and managing SharePoint Layouts and Master Pages.
We are looking for an experienced SharePoint Admin/Programmer with well-rounded project management and communication skills, excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability and must be able to exhibit grace under pressure. Technical skills should include:
- Proficiency in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 (Expert Level), along with exposure to 2019.
- Proficiency in Windows operating system administration (Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019).
- Strong knowledge of Windows architecture, deployment considerations, and structured development methodology.
- Strong Server Administration Skills – (IIS, DNS, AD, SSL, Kerberos, SQL 2016/2017 and F5 load balancers). VMWare Experience a plus. Familiarity with third-party tools such as DocAve, HarePoint and SP-DocKit desired.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing and routed protocols.
- Experience with FAST ESP Search Engine Administration and Optimization.
- Experience with SQL Query Development as it relates to SharePoint databases. DBA experience a plus.
- Experience with Business Intelligence using SharePoint, SSRS, SSAS, and Excel Services. Experience with Performance Point Server a plus.
- Experience with Office Online a plus.
- Development of custom web parts a plus.
- Experience with SharePoint Workflow Foundation and integration with InfoPath. K2 knowledge a plus.
- Solid knowledge of industry security standards
To Apply: Please email your resume to: email@example.com
- 5+ years as a developer or programmer/analyst
- Marketing applications experience is preferred
- Prior work with a legal or other professional services firm is required
- BS degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience