Sr. Conflicts Analyst - Los Angeles, CA
Top-rated Law Firm is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual for the role of Senior Conflicts Analyst in their Business Intake & Conflicts Department. This is an exciting opportunity to assist attorneys with their compliance duties in a fast-paced environment researching and analyzing data associated with potential new business and new employees while contributing to the success of the Firm.
The Senior Conflicts Analyst works closely with attorneys and members of the Business Intake & Conflicts Department around the globe to identify possible ethical and business-related conflicts of interest. This position offers the opportunity to assist in processing intake forms to ensure they meet Firm policies and business requirements. The role is critical to identifying potential risk, communicating potential resolution, and securing the necessary approvals as part of the new business and new hire process. Through your involvement in researching and analyzing complex issues, this job will present you with a global perspective on important business relationships that impact the partnership on a daily basis. If you are an intellectually curious and independent individual who desires variety in your day, opportunities to perform research and data analysis, and would like to put your strong written and oral communication skills to good use, then this job is for you.
The ideal individual will have a collaborative mindset, an acute attention to detail, work well under pressure, and understand the meaning of exceptional customer service. This position will require critical thinking, strong judgment and decision-making skills to be able to identify the potential issues with bringing on new business and new employees to the Firm.
- Assist Conflicts Supervisors in the coordination of daily workflow to ensure that analyses performed by staff are meeting the needs of the attorneys.
- Assist Conflicts Supervisors in establishing new methods and standards for analysis of all conflicts of interest searches performed by the department, monitoring for consistency, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Assist Conflicts Supervisors in coordinating and conducting training of new hires.
- Review the work of junior analysts on a scheduled basis.
- Uphold standards for searching and analysis on all requests by implementing and policing standards of accuracy, quality and thoroughness.
- Operate as a team leader by assisting in the completion and organization of large searches, conducting peer review and maintaining availability as a resource to answer questions in regard to searching or analysis.
- Constantly review, assess, recommend, and implement process, procedure, and technology improvements to ensure optimum customer service and efficiency; work with Business Intake & Conflicts management to evolve and grow area.
- Function as an example to the team through work product, interaction with co-workers and professional behavior
- Develop the additional role of being a support analyst for the Business Intake team by learning all processes, procedures and functions of that team. The goal is to be able to substitute for that team effortlessly and immediately when needed.
- Assist Conflicts Supervisors as needed.
- Be available for urgent and confidential matters and situations, including evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
A desire to work in a flexible environment with an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities is a must. The ideal candidate must interact well with people at all levels with a high degree of accuracy, confidentiality, and professionalism. Four to five years of experience in risk management, research, reference library work, conflicts searching, or related experience is preferred. A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree or J.D. is preferred. Conflicts-related training will be provided.
To Apply: Please email your resume for immediate consideration to: email@example.com