Network Engineer - Washington, D.C.
Top-rated Law Firm has an opening for a Network Engineer in their Washington, D.C. office. The Network Engineer provides network design, administration and support in the engineering, design and operations of voice, collaboration, data and wireless communications solutions for implementation of the Firm’s network. The candidate should have a strong technical background in routing protocols, network design and architecture, Cisco hardware and software implementation, as well as expertise with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM). The role of network lead will be expected to produce network implementation and migration plans. Must be able to design, test and support network components in various stages of deployment. The position requires the candidate to be able to produce and review technical documentation.
- Assisting with development of network specifications and standards in support of the firms IT direction
- Assisting with development and recommendations for network growth, security, and improvements. Analyzing the existing infrastructure to improve efficiency and ROI of investments.
- Working with vendors to ensure SOW is fulfilled and implementation is appropriate and correct.
- Helping to define and maintain KPI for network performance and participating in capacity planning for the Firm’s infrastructure environment.
- Troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure incidents to minimize the impact to the business and restore services.
- Installing and troubleshooting performance issues in a Cisco based network within a Global Law firm.
- Participating in the development and administration of DR / BC environment to support the Firm’s vision for a minimal downtime infrastructure.
- Performing routine and emergency maintenance of all networking equipment. Escalating and partnering with other IT groups to diagnose and resolve enterprise application or network issues.
- Documenting in detail the resolutions to issues in the knowledge management system.
- Participating in the On-Call rotation within the network operations group to provide 24/7 support for all of the Firm’s offices globally.
- Taking the lead on projects assigned, following work plans and meeting deadlines as outlined for the project.
- College degree preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
- A minimum of five years of experience in providing networking support in a Global Cisco network and voice environment.
- Previous employment in legal information technology is desired, but not required.
- CCNA and/or CCNP certification, as well as demonstrated experience with VPN, QoS, BGP, EIGRP and TCP/IP concepts in general. CCIE is an added plus but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience configuring and supporting a Cisco CUCM environment that uses SIP, UCCX, CUAC and Presence.
- Experience with MPLS mesh and Cisco ASA firewalls is preferred. Experience with Palo Alto firewalls is a plus.
- Experience with Nexus IOS, CAT 4500 series and 9000 Series switching.
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Effectively oral and written communication.
- Ability to identify the appropriate method of communication.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to identify practical solutions to complex problems which may require the introduction of new technology, refinements to existing technology solutions or manual processes.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Ability to analyze technical problems to insure proper resolution.
- Must be able to manage multiple demands simultaneously by addressing priorities to insure all deadlines are met.
To Apply: Please email your resume for immediate consideration to: email@example.com