Technology Specialist - Life Sciences – Cambridge, MA
Technology Specialists work closely with senior members of the Firm on a wide variety of intellectual property matters, including patent prosecution, opinion work, due diligence projects, and general intellectual property counseling.
- Review technical disclosures and participating in client interviews to understand new inventions;
- Searching literature and patent databases to determine the patent-ability of inventions;
- Drafting written assessments of the prospects of obtaining patent protection;
- Writing patent applications;
- Preparing responses to communications from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office;
- Developing arguments for patent-ability to Patent Office Examiners; and
- Reviewing patents as part of the IP due diligence for a potential acquisition or merger.
- May guide, mentor, or be a resource to others
- May take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biology, Organic Chemistry, or a related field.
Sit, stand, and walk for the majority of a work day
Communicate with others verbally and in writing
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Presence in the office environment during regularly scheduled hours is an important and expected requirement of this position.
To Apply: Please email your resume for immediate consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chelsea Search Group
3050 Rue D'Orleans #317
San Diego, CA 92110