As a paralegal in the Corporate, Securities and Business Transactions Group, you will be responsible for facilitating projects ranging from simple to complex transactions, developing procedures to maintain the integrity of transactional files and information, drafting legal documents, and coordinating the closing of transactions. Among the tasks to be performed are the following:
- forming companies, including preparing documents such as a certificates of incorporation, certificates of formation, actions by incorporators, bylaws, organizational and other board consents, minutes and proposed resolutions, option award agreements, restricted stock award agreements, NDAs and confidentiality agreements and obtaining tax id numbers;
- assisting with drafting documents for and closings of acquisitions, divestitures and mergers, and other transactions;
- organizing and maintaining deal documents, minute books, corporate records and stock ledgers;
- obtaining and analyzing lien searches;
- preparing and filing UCC financing statements;
- preparing and filing Form Ds and Blue Sky flings;
- obtaining SEC filing codes;
- coordinating the filing of SEC periodic reports;
- preparing and filing Section 16 filings;
- creating and maintaining checklists, calendars and timetables for transactions and effecting distributions to transaction team members;
- drafting and filing forms, letters, binder indices and other legal documents.
- excellent organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude;
- proficient knowledge of internal software applications, such as word processing, internet searching skills, spreadsheets and databases and knowledge of MS office, specifically MS Word, MS excel and MS outlook;
- familiarity with the EDGAR filing database;
- ability to accurately interpret and understand legal concepts and procedures as they relate to the practice areas and the organizational and project management skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively and handle multiple deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
To Apply: Please email your resume for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program is required;
- Four + years of related law experience, preferably as a corporate paralegal in a law firm.