IT Operations Technician - Los Angeles, CA
A top-rated law firm is looking for a full-time IT Operations Technician with a minimum of five years’ experience in computer technical support positions required; minimum two (2) years’ experience in a law firm preferred. Qualified applicants will possess an Associate degree with a major in computer information systems or equivalent degree or experience required; a Bachelor Degree with a major in computer information systems is preferred. The person selected for this position must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position is eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule.
- Ensures incoming Tier 1 issues, questions, and problems concerning hardware, software, mobile devices and IT infrastructure are addressed timely and resolved completely and confirmed by the user, including updates to the IT service management system.
- Utilizes IT service management tools and CMDB information to resolve incidents, identify issues through pattern recognition, and contribute to root-cause analysis using critical thinking skills.
- Captures user details and urgency for effective incident resolution, or supplement with applied analysis for effective escalations of technical issues, service issues, and management issues.
- Provides setup and support for video conferencing, marketing events, and litigation support events under the direction of IT management.
- Deploys imaged user machines to users and ensures complete setup from connecting all needed peripherals, testing functionality, arranging/organizing workspace, and verifying resolution with the user.
- Performs regular follow-up and maintenance on all user facing hardware and software components.
- Performs maintenance on visitor office computers to ensure reliability, usability, and optimal performance of technology.
- Provides on-site training in coordination with the Training Department for new and existing personnel, advising them on the best practices for using technical applications and programs under the direction of IT management.
- Assists with technology-related tasks in the arrival and departure of personnel to the Firm, and meets with new and departing attorneys as needed.
- Identifies the onset of a crisis situation and initiates crisis management protocols to remediate the issue and restore Firm productivity.
- Participates in scheduled support review meetings to discuss growth opportunities, future changes, user experience concerns, and department successes.
- Ensures IT hardware assets are properly cataloged and inventoried on a regular basis, and maintain technical and functional familiarity with all hardware, mobile computing devices, and computer operating systems used within the Firm.
- Uses critical thinking and detailed analysis to identify and implement knowledge base enhancements, support automation, workflow process improvements, and reporting opportunities in a forward-thinking manner.
- Provides support for infrastructure equipment under the direction of IT management.
- Maintains awareness and assist with enhancement of the Firm priorities and objectives, the role IT plays in enabling those objectives, and what IT can deliver to the Firm to continually drive it forward.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of ITIL/ITSM support processes with an understanding of how these processes and procedures affect the user experience across support levels.
- Demonstrate the ability to advocate improvements as the voice of the user by regularly and proactively interacting with office personnel in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ability to listen and collect pertinent details, in relation to incoming user issues and requests, along with an understanding of the impact on user productivity and experience.
- Above average troubleshooting skills for Windows 10 operating system, Microsoft Office products, various application installations, and hardware needs.
- Above average knowledge of modern desktop deployment methods and processes.
- Above average knowledge of virtualized machine and end user support.
- Understanding and ability to work in cloud based ticketing and self-service portal.
- Above average knowledge of the OS build process, SCCM information, and Group Policies.
- Above average knowledge and basic troubleshooting skills of TCP/IP and DHCP networking for business LAN, WLAN, VOIP, and WAN networks.
- Above average knowledge of Active Directory user, device, and folder inherited permission structure and least privilege access control.
- Knowledge of IT security protocols and an ability to assess and prevent unnecessary IT security lapses or vulnerabilities and follow security protocols when dealing with sensitive information.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use, understand, and interpret IT department and Firm best practices, policies, and procedures to ensure adherence in all support interactions.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the use of the Firm’s information technology and its use in a legal environment.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must have ability to read, write and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
- Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and have strong time management skills.
- Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order for him or her to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. These include being both mobile and stationary throughout the work day, and having the ability to transport twenty-five (25) pounds and being able to operate a computer and other business equipment found in the office.
To Apply: Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org