Administrative Support Assistant - Chicago, IL
A top-notch Law firm has a non-exempt position available in their Chicago office for a full-time Administrative Support Assistant to support a collaborative team of attorneys and professionals in providing legal solutions to their clients’ needs. The ideal candidate for this full-time position enjoys demonstrating superior organizational skills, is proficient in Microsoft Office applications, has a strong desire to learn, and types at least 30 wpm. An Associate’s degree in office support services and one year of administrative support experience is preferred. The person selected for this position must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position requires in-office support.
- Ensures attorney timesheets are entered and released in accordance with deadlines.
- Performs time edits as required by attorneys.
- Performs scan projects for legal administrative assistants utilizing firm software.
- Input invoices in Chrome River for processing.
- Profiles and files documents in FFM, and as appropriate, files paper copies in files.
- Prepares FedEx and U.S. Postal mailings for attorneys and legal administrative assistants.
- Prepares correspondence and e-mails for attorney communication.
- Prepares litigation documents for e-filing or delivery to court.
- Assists attorneys and legal administrative assistants with specialized tasks and projects.
- Provides administrative assistance to attorneys as overflow during PTO absences, under direction of the team leads.
- Provides assistance and support in an administrative capacity to other departments or functions as needed.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must have ability to read, write, and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
- Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects, and strong time management skills.
- Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
To Apply: Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org