Systems Engineer - Wheeling, WV
A Top-rated Law Firm currently has an excellent opportunity for a Systems Engineer in their Global Operations & Innovation Center (GOIC) in Wheeling, WV.
Their GOIC in Wheeling, West Virginia, is home to more than 300 members. Established more than a decade ago, it was the first centralized administrative operation in a major law firm.
Responsibilities: The Systems Engineer will apply proven technical, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the reliability and uptime of law firm's systems.
- Perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, and other applications.
- Maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, processes, and service records.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests for systems.
- Monitor and test system performance
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot servers, storage, applications and peripheral devices.
- Manage physical and virtual servers and their associated operating systems, patches and software.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system builds.
- Maintain server inventory.
- Work with other Network and Systems Engineers to execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Work as part of a team on the review of new server systems, applications, and hardware.