Legal Billing Assistant – Los Angeles, CA
Top-tier law firm seeks a Billing Assistant for its Billing Department in Los Angeles. The Central Billing function strives to provide outstanding service to the Firm’s partners, clients and others within the Firm; therefore, the candidate must be very flexible and highly committed to quality, customer service, teamwork and supporting Firm and department goals in a fast-paced environment.
The Billing Assistant will report to the LA Billing Coordinator and will be an integral part of the billing team. The Billing Assistant will be responsible for the analysis, coordination, and resolution of billing issues in the Los Angeles, C.A. office, including ensuring appropriate communications with involved parties is consistently maintained. This position will proactively monitor E-billing progress, including status reporting in all key aspects, while also participating in the billing operations, including client implementations, deductions, and system maintenance, ensuring the function are running efficiently and optimized. In addition to the above, some additional responsibilities include:
- Generating WIP and A/R reports
- Tracking status of e-billed invoices
- Revising and resubmitting short-paid and rejected invoices
- Reviewing time entries on pre-bills and requesting revisions of insufficient entries
- Determining e-billed expenses and fees that were short-paid or rejected that cannot be recovered
- Processing edits of attorney’s time entries
- Transferring attorney’s time between client-matters
- Participating in our customer support process
- Gathering and organizing supporting documentation for expense charges
- Assisting others in preparing and posting pre-bills and bills
Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure. Position requires outstanding written and verbal communications skills, excellent organizational skills and the ability to strategize, multi-task and prioritize. Ideal candidate has an exemplary customer service mindset, is highly motivated, and enjoys a team-oriented atmosphere. An ownership mentality, a commitment to proactive communication and exceptional follow through skills are essential for success in this position.
A college degree is preferred, but not necessary. No legal billing experience is required. Candidate must have strong technology skills, including MS Office Suite, and an ability to leverage technology in work processes.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org